Kiosk system designed to assist customers only with FOID applications
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WMBD) — There’s a new way for those without online access to apply for and update firearm owner identification (FOID) cards.
On Wednesday, the Illinois State Police (ISP) Firearms Services Bureau (FSB) announced the arrival of FOID kiosks at three ISP facilities. Customers can now use FOID kiosks at three ISP facilities across the state:
- Illinois State Police District 5, 16648 Broadway St., Lockport, IL 60441
- Regular hours: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Illinois State Police Central Headquarters, 801 S 7th Street, Springfield, IL 62703
- Regular hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Illinois State Police District 13, 1391 S Washington St, Du Quoin, Illinois 62832
- Regular hours: Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The FSB Kiosk system is designed to assist customers only with FOID applications. A list of services provided by these kiosks can be viewed below:
- Assistance with submitting name/address changes, renewals and new applications online
- Take a photo and upload it to the app
- Assistance in the correction of rejected requests
- A publicly accessible computer will be available to complete online applications and update existing accounts.
- Due to the extended time it takes for kiosk representatives to help people submit online requests, customers may be asked to return at a different time.
Other FOID and Conceal Carry License (CCL) customer support options include:
- Requests for login assistance, including registration approval, existing user ID recovery, and password reset assistance, should be sent to [email protected] . Please provide us with as much information about yourself as possible, including your name, date of birth, address, FOID/CCL number, etc. in your email.
- When checking the status of an application, customers should continue to visit the website or use the automated phone system. Customers can also find average processing times for new applications on the website and through the phone system. If your application is “under review”, please allow additional processing time. For an extended version of processing times, please visit Firearms Services (illinois.gov). For more information on FOID and CCL processing, please visit https://isp.illinois.gov/Foid/Statistics.
- For more information on Revoked FOID Cards and CCLs and Denied FOID Cards and CCL Applications, customers should visit the Office of Firearms Safety website at https://isp.illinois.gov /FirearmsSafety for more information, including required forms and checklists, on the appeal process.
- Representatives from the Office of Firearms Safety will NOT be available at kiosks to assist customers with their revoked cards and denied applications.
Additionally, since 2020, the FSB has reduced the FOID backlog by 89% for renewals and 75% for new applications.
ISP Director Brendan Kelly said the kiosks and backlog reduction are part of the agency’s efforts to speed up the process of applying for and renewing FOID cards.
Suggest a fix