In response to a Friday mask warrant for county schools issued by the Hidalgo County Health Authority, the Mission School District announced it will require the use of face masks by all students, employees and visitors. in all district facilities.
The district had previously announced that it would require masks on school buses.
RELATED: Hidalgo County Health Authority issues mask warrant for area schools
“We greatly appreciate the support of our county officials in giving us this additional tool to protect our students and employees,” CISD Mission Superintendent Dr. Carol G. Perez said in a statement. âThe use of masks is proven to help control the spread of COVID-19, and this is especially important for all of our families with students who are not yet old enough to get vaccinated. “
RELATED: Face masks will be compulsory in the school buses of the CISD Mission
The mask requirement is one of many safety measures the district will implement to prevent the spread of COVID-19, including:
- â¢ Use of the highest level of HVAC filters in buildings and schools
- â¢ Hand sanitizer stations in all classrooms, school buses and common areas of buildings
- â¢ Daily temperature checks of all students, employees, visitors
- â¢ Daily e-misting and disinfection of facilities
- â¢ Cleaning and disinfection of school buses between trips and at the end of each day
- â¢ Continuous cleaning of high contact surfaces
- â¢ Provide face shields to students and staff on request
- â¢ Make sure desktop screens are available for use in classrooms and cafeterias
- â¢ New contactless water bottle filling machines in all schools
- â¢ Isolation rooms for students who may show symptoms of COVID-19 after arriving at school
- â¢ Provide masks to children who need them at school
- â¢ Offer continuing education services to students in quarantine
The district will also continue to notify parents if their child has been in close contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19, the district said in the press release.